Members volunteer to provide free legal counsel to individuals and families by partnering with local organizations
St. Louis (Oct. 4, 2022) – The Association of Corporate Counsel St. Louis Chapter celebrates National Pro Bono in October, where members donate hundreds of hours of free legal counsel and guidance, and volunteer for community service projects.
“Each October, we are reminded of the impact that we can make as attorneys in our community. ACC STL members consistently step up and show up to provide much needed free legal counsel to underserved communities, families and individual. By giving back to the St. Louis legal community, we gain much more personally than we professionally give to the clients we serve by preserving access to legal services. This is the foundation of our legal framework,” said Patricia Duft, 2022 ACC STL Pro Bono Chairperson and Senior Legal Director, Medtronic, Inc.
During the past several years, ACC STL members have worked with many not-for-profits. Some of the partner organizations members have worked with include:
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri where ACC STL members have addressed a wide variety of legal matters for clients including small business, real estate, and housing issues.
- Veteran’s Estate Clinic with Missouri Attorney General’s Office and Missouri Veterans Commission where veterans and their spouses receive free legal counsel on simple wills, living wills and power of attorney valued at $35,000 or less.
- Members supported the Missouri Voter Protection Coalition where members provided support to help citizens understand their voting rights.
- Supported Loaves and Fishes, a local St. Louis area food bank.
- Supported Operation Food Search in distribution and packing center
- Provided school supplies for St. Louis Northside Community School in our annual backpack/school supply drive.
Ann Marie Mayuga, AMM Communications
About the ACC STL:
The Association for Corporate Counsel of St. Louis (ACC STL), the pre-eminent professional development organization serving in-house counsel, was founded in 1987. The St. Louis chapter has more than 600 members who represent more than 100 organizations. During its 35-year-history, the ACC STL has been recognized as one of the leading chapters in the world by the Association of Corporate Counsel. The St. Louis Chapter has received the Gold Chapter of Distinction Awards in 2019, 2020 and 2021. To learn more, please visit, https://www.acc.com/chapters/stlouis/.