On March 14, Daylight Savings Time begins. We push the clock forward by one hour. It’s a great time of year to get energized about taking on a project or introduce something into your daily routine or business operation.
- New hires: If your company hires someone, especially in today’s economy, promote it. Don’t limit it to the most senior-level associates, if you are small enough issue a release on each newly hired person.
- Job promotions: Just like the new hires, communicate who has been promoted. It shows that your company is dynamic.
- Community Service: If your company supports a non-profit group either through volunteerism or financial, promote that group and what has been provided.
- Office Move or Expansion: Let people know of an office move or expansion. Again, this is a way to promote company growth.
- Anniversary: Share anniversary dates of the company such as milestones of 5-, 10-, 15-year etc… or the milestones of associates. This shows stability and strength of your company.
- Awards and industry recognition: Do a little bragging about your associates or company if company or industry awards are given.
For the next week, there will be a series of blogs on public relations basics. I want to share with you DIY ways to promote you and your business. Check back after March 26. I’ll be able to share a PowerPoint of a pubic relations presentation I’m co-presenting with Mary Schanuel, Synergy PR president, at Enterprise University March 25. If you live in St. Louis, here is the link to sign up for the class, http://bit.ly/6btZB
Founded in 2008, St. Louis-based AMM Communications LLC is an integrated public relations and marketing firm that provides public relations, marketing, crisis communication, social media and sales management training for small- and mid-cap financial institutions, professional service firms and manufacturing companies. For more information, please navigate to www.ammcommunications.com or call 314.485.4390.